Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pancakes, lovely Pancakes!

Oh, I'm so happy. After over a year of a pancake-less diet, I finally had some on Thanksgiving morning. So Thankyou, Thankyou Bobs Red Mill GF Pancake Mix! Whoever Bob is - not sure if he is the little old man on the packet or not, he deserves a medal.
Now, being a good English Girl, I love a good British breakfast as much as the next person but there is something about American pancakes that just hits the spot for breakfast and I've missed them. If you've never had a good english 'fry-up' it basically consists of fried: eggs, bread, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, and some baked beans. A healthy combination I think you'll find!

So, before discovering Bob the Wheat free God, I have looked longingly at recipes to make your own Wheat free pancake mix, but never seem to have the inclination to try to bother with them. It pretty much feels the same as trying to make Gluten free bread. But now with Bob on my side I feel I can do anything. Yay!!

They were so tasty, even David liked them. We ate them with lots of maple syrup and fresh fruit. You do have to use an egg and milk in the mixture but you can use soy, rice or almond milk if you don't want to do the dairy. I also used a pancake maker (griddle thing) that I got as a gift and has never seen the light of day. It worked really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pancakes are truly wonderful. You can use them as bread too if you want. I have tried Bob's but like arrowhead mills even better.

Anonymous said...

just FYI, on the endo diet you shouldnt have soy....

Anonymous said...

just FYI, on the endo diet you shouldnt have soy....