Friday, July 27, 2007

Asian salmon and brocolli

So, David is away this week. He was called back to England on Monday to cover the severe flooding over there. (I should probably give some background info on him. He works for ITN a British news company. They have their US office in DC and he got that job 4 years ago so we have both been here since then.)

I do miss him when he's gone but on the upside it gives me free reign to do cook anything - as he is the strict vegetarian of the household.

He left on Monday and I went straight to the store to buy some salmon. I love salmon and its great for you as its packed full of Omega-3 fatty acids. I try to buy Wild Alaskan salmon.

This is my favorite way to cook salmon. It is gorgeous. Its a recipe from Barefoot Contessa on the food network.

Here is the link. Asian Grilled Salmon

I don't have a grill so I just fry it.

I usually have it with some sauteed swiss chard but this time I did some brocolli and brown rice. I steamed the brocolli in a colander over the pot of rice while it was cooking. I made a dressing out of the zest and juice of a lime, olive oil, chopped rosemary and some pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. It was really tasty.

My period came today. Its quite a bad one - lots of cramps. I know I can't say for certain but it makes me wonder if it's because I have been quite lapse this month with the diet. I have been very good this week but bring on the Quinoa!

No comments: