Monday, July 9, 2007

Smoothies!

My blender broke the other day, so I have not had any smoothies for a week. However, while waiting for the new one to arrive from ebay I got withdrawl symptoms and some about to go off fruit so I broke out the old hand blender which is not as good but does the job.
I have created a gorgeous smoothie with said implement.
Ingredients:
half a block of frozen acai (I found this in my local organic shop)
some blueberries
4 large strawberries
splash of OJ
splash of ice water.

Delish! I haven't named it yet, so any suggestions welcome.

Have also made carrot soup today with the remainder of a large bag of carrots which is also about to go off. I put half a large onion, one garlic clove sliced, olive oil and saute for about 5 mins. Add chopped carrots and a pint of stock. Simmer until vegetables are tender enough to be blended easily.

No comments: